Friday, September 3, 2010

My Autumn

         A sudden gust
Caught and shook the bowers
       Sending dead yellow leaves
       Full of soft memories
Floating down in showers
         Upon the grass.


       The leaves that once
Joined to stem and stalk of Life,
      And gilded by sun to vibrant green,
      Home to crows and cuckoos alike
Now fallen, and bare bowers seen
       That autumn announce.


O the One, why put away Thy mask so soon?


     The leaves that once
Adorned the tree
     Providing shady shelter to all
     Who sought it midst the heat and gall,
Loving and free.


O the One, wherefore do Thou rescind Thy boon?


     The leaves that once
Below heaven's immense span
     Of moon and stars and the Great Bear
     Rustling, whispered to eager ear
The secret of His mighty plan.


    The leaves, now I see
Aimlessly moving so,
     Remind me only of you;
     And leave me no work to do
And no place to go,
    But tread the path to Thee.




I dedicate this poem to my father.

No comments: